FlexiGroup New Zealand supports ‘The 72 Club’ donating $72,000 to Lifeline
FlexiGroup New Zealand has become the second financial services provider in New Zealand to respond to Lifeline’s funding shortage, donating $72,000 to the suicide prevention helpline.
Sponsoring ‘The 72 Club’ alongside Simplicity who also donated $72,000, FlexiGroup NZ CEO, Chris Lamers says mental health and wellbeing is a critical social issue that everyone including New Zealand business has a role to play in.
“We have a network of 300 employees and connect with half a million Kiwis including consumers, retailers, small businesses and schools, and we know mental health issues don’t discriminate – it can affect anyone. Supporting Lifeline and the lifesaving work that it does, represents our commitment to our people, our customers and New Zealand communities.
“With 10,000 calls and 3,800 texts received every month from Kiwis in need, it’s clear that the mental health problem in New Zealand isn’t going away, and Lifeline is a critical resource that Kiwis are reaching out to for suicide crisis, counselling and community support. We need to make sure that these people reaching out are being heard.
“As an employer we understand the importance of mental health and we have been focusing on proactively talking about it within our organisation, providing access to resources and 24/7 support, so our people know that help is always available if they need it and that it’s OK to reach out for help. Our support of Lifeline at this important time has given us the opportunity to extend our support beyond our organisation and help people in need throughout New Zealand.”
FlexiGroup New Zealand’s donation will help to address the one in four Lifeline calls that go unanswered due to a funding shortage.
Glenda Schnell, Executive Director at Lifeline says: “We are very pleased to work with FlexiGroup New Zealand, especially knowing that they have such a strong commitment for the wellness of people; both their staff and the wider community.“
- Suicide is Everyone’s Business
- Ariki’s Ride for Lifeline
- Lifeline preferred charity
- Thank you David & Amelia!
- 'Piece of My Heart' out now!
- Simplicity makes its largest donation ever to Lifeline
- FlexiGroup New Zealand supports ‘The 72 Club’ donating $72,000 to Lifeline
- Zero Suicide Workplace Pilot Launches
- Lifeline counsellors to meet with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in Wellington
- Making a difference in 2018
- Run for Lifeline and help save lives
- Welcoming Cori
- Christchurch Tragedy
- Lifeline Aotearoa applauds Government response to Mental Health & Addictions Inquiry
- Christchurch's Volunteer Evening
- Every Life Matters could be a turning point
- Eskimo Nell "You Matter" tees back!
- Monkey Off Your Back
- Lifeline Aotearoa increased support as demand surges due to Covid-19
- Charity Gigs
- Lifeline records busiest text month ever