Suicide Prevention Coordinator
Lifeline, as a division of Presbyterian Support Northern (PSN) has 53 years’ experience providing a range of top quality suicide, crisis and mental health counselling, support and educational services to national and local communities.
Our mission is to reduce distress and save lives by providing safe, accessible, effective, professional and innovative services. We work specifically to increase awareness and understanding of suicide prevention in New Zealand and reduce the associated stigma. We also focus on creating functional relationships with others to make a positive contribution to the health and social sector. In New Zealand Lifeline is synonymous with credibility, integrity, confidentiality, safety and help.
The main purpose of the role is to:
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time Suicide Prevention Coordinator, based in Wellington, focusing on Capital & Coast DHB with connection with Hutt Valley DHB.
- To coordinate, monitor and lead the implementation of the Wellington Regions Suicide Prevention & Postvention Plan specifically for Capital and Coast
- Build on existing networks & Improve service Pathways i.e., local, sub regional and national by engaging with individuals, groups and agencies. Your role here is to influence those people that may have an opportunity to effect positive change in prevention of suicide.
- Collaborate and work across the sectors by participating in relevant community forums including those related to suicide, suicide prevention, suicide postvention, primary mental health and mental health and addiction
- Engage and maintain strong relationships and linkages with primary health sector (e.g. PHOs and Primary Care Practices and; continue to engage with the secondary mental addiction sector which includes the District Health Board, Non-Government Organisations and Primary Care Organisations including Maori and Pacific providers.
- Develop and/or maintain regional and national networks
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Clinical background preferred but not essential
If this opportunity feels like the type of rewarding and challenging role where you can add value, then we would like to hear from you.
So, if you have the skills and experience to lead and support a fantastic team send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or email for a copy of the job description.
Applications close Friday 5th October 2018.