Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to all those who are impacted by the terrorist attack in Christchurch; our Christchurch staff and volunteers, our Muslim staff and volunteers, our callers, the people of Christchurch and the nation.
Our Christchurch centre is not too far from the one mosque and the impact will be felt immensely on so many levels and in so many unique ways.
We support people every day with the effects of trauma, we know that it can take a very long time to heal and even then at times it is easily triggered. This is a significant event in New Zealand’s history and as our Prime Minister said, “unprecedented”.
Thank you to all those who have taken calls over the weekend and we’re sure that the events of March 15 were brought up in many of the conversations. You all do such an amazing job; thank you again.
For those who are impacted by this tragedy, take care of your selves and know that we are here to support you.
- Suicide is Everyone’s Business
- Ariki’s Ride for Lifeline
- Lifeline preferred charity
- Thank you David & Amelia!
- 'Piece of My Heart' out now!
- Simplicity makes its largest donation ever to Lifeline
- FlexiGroup New Zealand supports ‘The 72 Club’ donating $72,000 to Lifeline
- Zero Suicide Workplace Pilot Launches
- Lifeline counsellors to meet with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in Wellington
- Making a difference in 2018
- Run for Lifeline and help save lives
- Welcoming Cori
- Christchurch Tragedy
- Lifeline Aotearoa applauds Government response to Mental Health & Addictions Inquiry
- Christchurch's Volunteer Evening
- Every Life Matters could be a turning point
- Eskimo Nell "You Matter" tees back!
- Monkey Off Your Back
- Lifeline Aotearoa increased support as demand surges due to Covid-19
- Charity Gigs